The PraiseCharts integration allows you to import lyrics, chord charts, lead sheets, other sheet music, and even audio files that you've purchased from PraiseCharts. A PraiseCharts account is required.
The PraiseCharts integration can only be set up by people with permissions of Editor or above.
Enable the Integration
Each user who wants to import from PraiseCharts needs to enable the integration for themselves. Once files are imported, they are like any other files and are available to other users.
To enable the PraiseCharts integration, go to the Songs page, click the gear icon menu, and select PraiseCharts.
To enable the integration:
- In the PraiseCharts Settings box, click Enable Integration.
- Enter your PraiseCharts.com email and password, and then click Authorize. If you don't have your user name and password information, you will need to visit praisecharts.com.
- Click OK to be taken back to Planning Center where your accounts will now be linked.
Adding PraiseCharts files to Arrangements
After you've enabled the PraiseCharts integration, you can add your files.
In your arrangement, click the + button in the Files section.
Select the PraiseCharts tab.
If your PraiseCharts integration isn't yet enabled, you can enable it here.
- Search PraiseCharts for a specific song or arrangement.
- Any files you've purchased will be at the top.
- If there are other versions of this song, they'll be listed here, along with a link to go to PraiseCharts to purchase them.
Choose Files to Import
Everything you have purchased for this PraiseCharts song will be selectable to import. Check the boxes for each file you want to import. See the sections below for more information about each option.
Many files listed in the Arrangement Files section include multiple keys. For example, many MP3 files come with Regular, High and Low versions. During the Import process, Planning Center will import all available keys as separate files attached to the arrangement.
Some older PraiseCharts PDF files will still import as one PDF that include many keys in the one file. Contact PraiseCharts for help with this.
Orchestration (All Parts) under the Arrangement Files section is one PDF with all Instrument parts included.
Instead, you can often choose "Orchestration" under a specific key that is available and it will get the Orchestration in that key and split all the instruments into their own files!
If you would rather have an non-editable PDF of the Chord Chart + File in a specific key, you can choose that check box under the specific key you want.
After you've chosen your files, click Import.
After agreeing to the terms, a progress bar will appear at the top of the arrangement page as Planning Center imports the files from PraiseCharts. Files that include other files in multiple keys take a little longer, since the individual files have to be separated out.
- If you chose Chord Chart + → Lyrics & Chords you'll see lyrics and chord charts for any keys you've added to the arrangement. Select the Lyrics & Chords button to edit them.
- Any other files will show up as Arrangement Files or Key files
When you add a new key or arrangement, you can import any files purchased for the song to that key or arrangement.