This lesson will show you how to link your Planning Center and PraiseCharts accounts to import files purchased on PraiseCharts.com.
PraiseCharts integration is per user, meaning each user who wants to import from PraiseCharts needs to enable the integration for themselves. Once files are imported, they are like any other file and available to other users.
From the main Songs tab, click 'enable integration' under the PraiseCharts logo.
Enter your PraiseCharts.com email and password and click Authorize. If you don't know these, you will need to visit praisecharts.com.
Click OK to be taken back to Planning Center where your accounts will now be linked.
You should see your name in the list.
To unlink your accounts, click the disable button.
From the main Songs tab, click the name of an arrangement.
Click the + button in the Files section to Add a File.
Select the PraiseCharts tab
- Search PraiseCharts for a specific song or arrangement.
- Any files you've purchased will be at the top.
- If there are other versions of this song, they'll be listed here, with a link to go to PraiseCharts to purchase them.
Choose Files to Import
Everything you have purchased for this PraiseCharts song will be selectable to import. Check the boxes for each file you want to import and then click the import button.
- Chord Chart + → Lyrics & Chords: If you buy the Chord Chart + file from PraiseCharts, you can check this box to import that TEXT into Planning Center's Lyrics & Chords box. Planning Center will then allow you to edit the text and can even transpose the file for any key you add. If you would rather have an non-editable PDF of the Chord Chart + File in a specific key, you can choose that check box under the specific key you want.
- Arrangement Files / Key Files: Many files listed in the Arrangement Files section include multiple keys. For example, many MP3 files come with Regular, High and Low versions. During the Import process, Planning Center will import all available keys as separate files attached to the arrangement. Some older PraiseCharts PDF files will still import as ONE PDF that include MANY keys in the one file. Contact PraiseCharts for help with this.
- Orchestration (All Parts) / Orchestration Key: Orchestration (All Parts) under the Arrangement Files section is ONE PDF with all Instrument parts included. Instead, you can often choose "Orchestration" under a specific key that is available and it will just get the Orchestration in that key and split all the instruments into their own files!
After you've chosen your files, click the import button.
After agreeing to the terms, a progress bar will appear at the top of the arrangement page as Planning Center imports the files from PraiseCharts. Files that include other files in multiple keys take a little longer since the individual files have to be separated out.
- If you chose "Chord Chart + → Lyrics & Chords" you'll see lyrics and chord charts for any keys you've added to the arrangement. Click "Lyrics & Chords" to edit them.
- Any other files will show up as Arrangement Files or Key files