Templates allow you to save team configurations, commonly used items in your order of service, cues, and other notes, and import this information into plans.
To go the Templates tab, click Templates from the gear menu in a Service Type.
Create, Edit, or Delete Templates
Add, edit, or delete templates from the Templates tab in the Service Type.
Expand the sections below for more information on adding, editing, or deleting a template.
If you're not already on your template, choose a template from the Service Type Settings to make changes to it.
To edit a template, click the title of template.
- If you have people who volunteer in the same position most weeks, you can cut back on redundancy by adding needed positions or scheduling people to make scheduling easier.
- Plan notes pertain to the whole plan. If you want a note to carry over to other plans, add it to your template.
- Edit the name of your template by clicking the current name and typing a new one.
- Import information from another template or plan or export this template and save it as a new template or a new plan, even in another Service Type.
- Add a header, item, media, or song by hovering over add an item.
- Add an item note by hovering over an item and clicking the pencil icon.
Times don't live in any templates. They come from the frequency of your Service Type and the last known Plan Times. When you create a new plan, it takes the times from your last known plan and replicates it according to the frequency.
Once you've finished editing your template, you can import it to a plan!
Import a Template or Plan
You can import a template or a recent plan into an existing plan. Recent plans include the last few plans you've viewed.
When you apply a template, information from the template is added to the existing plan. It won't alter the existing plan information.
- The information that you import to the template will only add to the plan.
- If needed positions exist in both the template and plan, the highest number of positions is used in the plan.
- Each imported person will fill needed positions in the plan that aren't in the template. For example, if you have 4 needed positions in the plan for the band, and the template has one person scheduled to the band, that person will be scheduled to the plan and there will be 3 needed positions.
- Importing a person does not change the status of the person in the plan.
From a plan, click import in the top right corner.
Set up your import preferences. You will only be able to choose items that are available in the template you're importing.
Administrators and Editors have the permission to import items, notes, and people. Schedulers only have permission to import people from Teams in which they are a Team Leader.
- Select the template or plan that you want to import.
- Deselect items, notes or teams from the template that you want to exclude from the import.
- To select only teams that you are a leader of, click My.
- Plans that occur after this plan are listed. Check any plans in addition to the current plan that you want to import the template to.
Click Accept to apply the template or plan.
Importing a template doesn't link the template to your plan, so changes made to the template after the import will not affect any plans.
Export a Template From an Existing Plan
You can export information from a plan to create a new template or a new plan.
From a plan, click export in the top right corner.
Chose the options that you want to export from the plan.
- Choose which Service Type to create this plan or template in.
- Export this plan as a template or a new plan. If you export the plan as a template, it will show up in the list of templates to import to another plan. If you export the plan as a plan, you will create a new plan with a date after the last created plan date.
- Choose how many new plans or templates to create.
- Check the boxes to copy plan items, notes, or people.
Click Accept to apply your changes and be taken to your new template or plan.