Templates allow you to save team configurations, commonly used items in your order of Service, or cues and other notes so that you can import the entire template all at once to your plans. You can import templates when creating new plans or at any time even after your plans are created using the import and export buttons.
From the Plans tab, click Templates from the gear menu in a Service Type to go to a list of all the templates.
Add, Edit or Delete Templates
Add, edit, or delete templates from the Templates tab in the Service Type.
Select an option below to see how to add, edit, or delete a template.
To edit a template, click the title of template, which will take you to a page that looks just like a plan.
- If you have people who volunteer in the same position most weeks, you can cut back on redundancy by scheduling people or adding needed positions to make scheduling easier.
- Plan notes pertain to the whole plan, so if you want a note to carry over each week, add it to your template.
- Edit the name of your template by clicking the current name and typing a new one.
- Import information from another template or plan or export this template and save it as a new template or a new plan, even in another Service Type.
- Add a header, item, media, or song by hovering over add an item.
- Add an item note by hovering over an item, then clicking the pencil icon.
Times don't live in any templates. They come from the frequency of your Service Type and the last known Plan Times. When you create a new plan, it takes the times from your last known plan and replicates it according to the frequency.
Once you've finished editing your template, you can add it to a plan!
Import a Template or Plan
You can import a template or another plan to an existing plan. Applying templates won't alter your existing information plan information; they won't alter the existing information.
From a plan, click import in the top right corner.
Administrators and Editors have the permission to import items, notes, and people. Schedulers will only have the permission to import people into a plan or template.
From the dropdown, select the template or other plan to import to this plan, and then check the boxes to include additional information that you want to import.
Click Accept to apply the template or plan.
Importing a template doesn't link the template to your plan, so changes made to the template after the import will not affect any plans
Export a Template From an Existing Plan
You can export information from a plan to create a new template.
From a plan, click export in the top right corner.
Chose the options that you want to export from the plan.
If exporting to another Service Type, first create the corresponding teams and positions in order to export the plan people or needed positions
- Choose which service type to create this plan or template in.
- Export this plan as a template or a new plan.
- Choose how many new plans or templates to create.
- Check the boxes to copy plan items, notes, or people.
Click Accept to apply your changes and be taken to your new template or plan.