People with Scheduler permissions or higher can use the auto-scheduler to automatically fill in needed positions, based off of when people were last scheduled.
Schedulers can only auto-schedule teams that they lead. If a scheduler needs to auto-schedule a team, they will need to be added as a Team Leader. If they don't want to get scheduling notifications, they can turn off all their Team Leader notifications.
This video will show you how it works.
Auto-Schedule Your Teams
1. Set Up Positions and Last Scheduled Date
Hover over the plan at the top of the Matrix and click needed positions to make any adjustments.
2. Run the Auto-Scheduler
To confirm which teams you're scheduling, click auto-schedule.
Teams included in the current matrix view that you are also a leader for will be shown.
- If you are a Scheduler, the teams you can auto-schedule are listed. To exclude a team from auto-scheduling, click the x.
- If you have higher permissions than Scheduler, you can click Add to add other teams that you want to include in the auto-schedule.
Click Submit to start scheduling.
Auto-Scheduling follows this order when prioritizing people to schedule:
The auto-scheduler won't fill a position if everyone has a scheduling preference, conflict, or blockout date.
Update Last Scheduled Date
Auto-scheduling looks at the last date that a person was scheduled when deciding who to schedule. By default, the Last Scheduled Date is the last time someone was scheduled in any Service Type.
You can change that setting to show you the last scheduled date from a single team or for all teams in a Service Type.
To set the Last Scheduled Date for a team, go to the Team Settings tab, and choose the Last Scheduled Date for the team.
Same as Service Type uses the default Last Scheduled date that has been set for the Service Type.
The Last used in options will show the the last time person has been scheduled to:
- Anywhere: Any plan in the account
- [Folder Name]: Any service in the specified Folder
- This Service Type: This particular Service Type
- This Team: Whatever team they are scheduled to
- This Position: Whatever position they are assigned to
Administrators can change the Last Scheduled Date for all teams in a Service Type from the Teams tab.
The Last Scheduled Date from the People Tab, People Sidebar, and the Matrix will reflect the last time a person has been scheduled for any team in Service Type.