Auto-scheduling automatically fills in needed positions based off of who hasn't been scheduled the longest, noting preferences and avoiding conflicts or blockout dates.
This video will show you how it works:
Set Up Positions in Each Plan
Auto-scheduling can be done from the Matrix. From within a plan, click the matrix button in the top right corner.
Run the Auto-Scheduler
Once needed positions are set up for each plan, select auto-schedule, which will confirm which teams you're scheduling.
Check the teams you'd like to schedule. The people in these positions will be scheduled first according to the last time they were scheduled and then according to their preferences, any conflicts, and blockout dates.
Select Accept to start scheduling!
Auto-Scheduling follows an order of things based on how it adds profiles to the schedule:
- Last Scheduled Date
- Scheduling Preferences
- Household "schedule with" etc settings
The auto-scheduler won't fill a position if everyone has a scheduling preference, conflict, or blockout date.
If your positions are set up with Primary People and Alternate Subs, read our lesson on Setting Up Backup Teams.
Update Last Scheduled Date
Auto-scheduling looks to a person's last used date, so changing the scope of the date can change the results of Auto-scheduling.
When scheduling a person to a plan, you can see a person's last scheduled date. By default, this date is from any Service Type. You can change that date to show you the last scheduled date from a specific Folder, Service Type, Team, or Position.
You can change that date to show you the last scheduled date for a specific Team or Service Type.
To edit the Last Schedule for a team, hover over the gear icon next to Teams in a plan.
In the Teams tab, click on the name of a team.
From the Settings Tab, choose the Last Scheduled Date for the team.
Last used . . .
- Same as Service Type use the default Last Scheduled date that has been set for the Service Type.
- Anywhere will show the last time a person has been scheduled for any plan in your account.
- In [Folder Name] will show the last time a person has been scheduled to any service in the specified Folder.
- In This Service Type will show the last time a person has been scheduled in this particular Service Type.
- In this Team will show the last time a person has been scheduled in whatever team they are scheduled to.
- In this Position will show the last time a person has been scheduled in whatever position you are in.
The Last Scheduled Date from the People Tab, People Sidebar, and the Matrix will reflect the last time a person has been scheduled for any Service Type.