Auto-scheduling automatically fills in needed positions based off of when people were last scheduled. People who have not been scheduled for the longest time are scheduled first, while also noting preferences and avoiding conflicts or blockout dates.
This video will show you how it works.
To use the Auto-scheduler, you'll need to set up positions and verify the last scheduled date preference for your team. After you've run the Auto-scheduler, you can undo it if you stay on the page.
Set Up Positions in Each Plan
Auto-scheduling can be done from the Matrix. From within a Service Type, click the Matrix dropdown in the top right corner, and choose the number of plans that you want to load.
Run the Auto-Scheduler
Then select auto-schedule to confirm which teams you're scheduling.
Check the teams you'd like to schedule. The people in these positions will be scheduled first according to the last time they were scheduled and then according to their preferences, any conflicts, and blockout dates.
Select Accept to start scheduling!
Auto-Scheduling follows an order of things based on how it adds profiles to the schedule:
The auto-scheduler won't fill a position if everyone has a scheduling preference, conflict, or blockout date.
If your positions are set up with primary people and alternate subs, read our lesson on Setting Up Backup Teams.
Update Last Scheduled Date
Auto-scheduling looks to a person's last used date, so changing the scope of the date can change the results of Auto-scheduling. By default, this date is from any Service Type. You can change that date to show you the last scheduled date from a specific Folder, Service Type, Team, or Position.
You can change that date to show you the last scheduled date for a specific Team or all teams in a Service Type.
To edit the the Last Scheduled date for a team, hover over the gear icon next to Teams in a plan.
In the Teams tab, click on the name of a team.
From the Settings Tab, choose the Last Scheduled Date for the team.
Last used . . .
- Same as Service Type use the default Last Scheduled date that has been set for the Service Type.
- Anywhere will show the last time a person has been scheduled for any plan in your account.
- In [Folder Name] will show the last time a person has been scheduled to any service in the specified Folder.
- In This Service Type will show the last time a person has been scheduled in this particular Service Type.
- In this Team will show the last time a person has been scheduled in whatever team they are scheduled to.
- In this Position will show the last time a person has been scheduled in whatever position you are in.
The Last Scheduled Date from the People Tab, People Sidebar, and the Matrix will reflect the last time a person has been scheduled for any team in Service Type.