Archive a user in your account that doesn't need to be scheduled or emailed any longer but still needs to exist for reference purposes. This person will no longer be able to log in.
If you've archived a person, you can easily find and restore the person as well!
In order to archive, restore, or delete you must at least be at least an Administrator.
Folder and Service Type Administrators can only archive people whose highest permission is Viewer or Scheduled Viewer, but they can restore anyone.
If you want all Administrators to be able to delete anyone and not just those they have created, an Organization Administrator can change the setting.
Archive (or Delete) a Person
You should almost always choose to archive for these reasons:
- Archiving will prevent people from accessing the site, unassign them from teams, and prevent them from being emailed, while still holding their history and records in your account for reference purposes.
- Archived people don't count against your maximum number of users in your Services account. If you want to delete someone because you want to be able to add another person without upgrading, archive them instead.
- Archiving retains a person's scheduling history. You should only delete people who have never been scheduled.
To archive a person, first access their profile one of the following ways:
- Search from any page, and select the person you'd like to archive.
- From the main People tab, click a person's permission to visit the details tab on their profile.
You can also move your mouse over the person and press D on your keyboard.
From the Details tab, select Archive (or Delete forever), and then confirm it.
Filter for Archived People
To find all archived users in your account, you can use the Permissions (Highest) filter on the main People tab.
Select Filter (or type F on your keyboard) to reveal the filter sidebar.
In the Permissions tab, choose Archived in the Permissions (Highest) filter dropdown, making sure to leave the first option as Exactly.
A new permissions filter is added to the filter bar, and the list of archived people is displayed.
There might already be a filter applied, which filters archived people who were previously assigned to that filter. To see all archived people in the account, delete any other filter options, so your permissions filter is the only one applied.
Access an Archived Person's Profile
You can find an archived person's profile by filtering for a list of archived people and choosing the person from the list.
You can also search for an archived person using the Add Person button in the top right of the page when the People tab is selected.
Type the person's name into the search box, and then select the name.
Do not select Create a new person... unless you want to create a new profile with someone of the same name.
Select View archived profile to be taken to the person's profile.
Restore a Person's Profile
Access the person's profile, and then from the Details tab, select Restore and confirm it.
When you restore an archived profile, their general permission is set to Scheduled Viewer, and any folder or service type permissions they might have had previously are lost and become Same as Parent.