Archive a user in your account that doesn't need to be scheduled or emailed any longer but still needs to exist for reference purposes. This person will no longer be able to log in.
If you've archived a person, you can easily find and restore the person as well!
In order to archive, restore, or delete you must at least be at least an Administrator. Folder and Service Type Administrators can only archive people whose highest permission is Viewer or Scheduled Viewer, but they can restore anyone. If you want all Administrators to be able to delete anyone and not just those they have created, an Organization Administrator can change the setting.
Archive (or Delete) a Person
- Search from any page and select the person you'd like to archive OR
- From the main People tab...
- Click a person's permission to visit the details tab on their profile. (Or move your mouse over the person and hit D on your keyboard.)
From the Details tab, select Archive (or Delete forever) then confirm it.
You should almost always choose to Archive.
Archiving will prevent them from accessing the site, unassign them from teams, and prevent them from being emailed, while still holding their history and records in your account for reference purposes. Plus, archived people don't count against your maximum number of users in your Services account
You should usually only delete people who have never been scheduled.
Otherwise, to retain their scheduling history, you should archive them. If you're deleting someone because you want to be able to add another person without upgrading, archive them instead. Archived accounts don't count against your people limit, which allows you to add someone else in their place without upgrading.
Restore an Archived Person
From any page, click the search box in the top toolbar (or type / on your keyboard) and type the name of the person you'd like to restore.
Anyone with an archived profile will be grouped at the bottom of the list.
Select the person you'd like to restore then select View archived profile.
From the Details tab, select Restore and confirm it.
When you restore an archived profile, their general permission is set to Scheduled Viewer, and any folder or service type permissions they might have had previously are lost and become Same as Parent.
Filter for Archived People
To find all archived users in your account, you can use the Permissions (Highest) filter on the main People tab.
- .Select Filter (or type F on your keyboard) to reveal the filter sidebar.
- Switch to the Permissions tab to see those filters.
- Choose Archived in the Permissions (Highest) filter, making sure to leave the first option as Exactly.
- A new permissions filter is added to the filter bar.
- There might already be a filter applied, which filters archived people who were previously assigned to that filter. To see all archived people in the account, delete any other filter options, so your permissions filter is the only one applied.