Tags allow you to label your people, songs, arrangements, and media. You can then filter by tags to find everything with that tag applied.
Tags or Teams?
When it comes to People tags, it is helpful to understand the difference between Tags and Teams.
Tags are a universal attribute or skill that can be applied to the person in general. For example, Jenn plays the piano. When you filter by the Piano tag, you'll see everyone in your entire account that plays piano.
Teams are more specific and allow you to specify where she plays the piano. Jenn plays piano in the High School band so she is assigned to that team.
Tag Teams are a special type of Team whose members cannot be assigned, but instead consist of people with specific Tags. Tag Teams are mostly used when you have multiple Teams or Positions with the exact same members. Instead of assigning an Usher to all 3 door positions, assign him to one 'Usher' tag, and link each door position to that Tag. Then giving him 1 Tag assigns him to 3 positions.
Accessing the Tags Page
Administrators can access Tags from the People page, the Song page, or the Media page.
At the top right of the main People tab, click the gear and choose, Edit Tags.
From the Songs or Media pages, you can click 'edit tags' in the left sidebar. The Songs page has separate buttons for Song Tags and Arrangement Tags, but you can switch between the different Tag types easily once you are on the Tag page.
Add, Edit, or Delete a Tag Group
Hover over a Tag Group and click the pencil, or click Add Tag Group and then enter its details.
- Name your Tag Group.
- If you have organized your account into folders for different departments and this Tag Group only pertains to one of them, you can put this group into that folder.
- If multiple options within this Tag Group can be selected (like if someone can plan piano AND guitar) then check this box.
- To ensure this Tag Group is assigned to ALL new people in your account, check the Required box. When new people are added to your account, Required Tag Groups must be set.
- Click Delete to completely Delete the Tag Group and all its Tags. Any Tags that were assigned will be gone forever.
Editing Tag Names
To edit a Tag name, click directly on it, and hit Enter to save your changes.
To delete a Tag, hover over it and click the trash can.
There are many ways to assign Tags. People tags can be assigned directly from the Tag page itself or using Bulk Editing. When you edit a person, song, arrangement, or media, you can assign it Tags from the Tags section on that page.
- People. From the People page, click on a person's name, and then click the Details tab.
- Songs or Arrangements. From the Songs page, click a song name or an arrangement name.
- Media. From the Media page, click a Media in the list.
Each of these pages has a Tags section that looks and functions the same.
- To add a new Tag, click the Add button at the top right and then browse or type to search for your tag in the search box.
- To remove a Tag, click the X to its right.