Filtering Your People
This lesson shows you how to filter your people on the People page. It also shows you how to send an email to a filtered group of people or how to drag property options onto your people to quickly assign them that option.
Two ways of filtering: Filter by selecting information.
- Service Types. This will show you a filtered list of anyone who has ever been scheduled for that particular service before. This does not filter by custom property in any way- just by dates scheduled.
- Name. Type a first or last name and click "Filter" or hit enter. It will bring up anyone in the system with that name. This field is automatically focused when you first load the people page, so you can type and hit enter without even having to click this field first.
- Teams & Position. Type a team name or a position name and choose from the resulting popup. If you choose a Position that exists in multiple service types, after choosing the position, you will be prompted to choose the service type.
- Team Leader. Any people set as a Team Leader to any team.
- Permission. This will show you all people with the selected permission or higher.
- Created At, Updated At, & Last Set Blockouts. You can filter the by the date your volunteers were added to PCO Services, their profiles were updated, or they last blocked out dates or clicked 'I Have No Blockouts' in the Blockout Request email. Expand the section by clicking its heading, then enter a start date and end date. You can leave start date blank to match all dates before your end date. You can leave end date blank to match all dates after your start date.
- Archived Accounts. Instead of deleting people's accounts, we generally recommend setting their permission to archived. Once you do, they don't show up in any people lists. To show people whose accounts have been archived, click this box. You can then edit their profile and upgrade their permission.
Click Apply Filter or hit Enter to see your filter results.
Filter by Tag
- If you have many tags, you can organize them into folders, based on the plans page folders. The folder on the people page will default to whatever folder you are in on the plans page.
- Click a tag group to filter and show people assigned to any tag in that tag group.
- Hover over any tag group and click the "None" button to see people that are not assigned to any tag within that tag group. Clicking "Any" is the same as clicking the tag group heading.
- Click a tag to see people assigned to that specific option.
If you want to get more of a detailed filter, you can click on multiple Tag Groups or tags. Clicking multiple tag groups will use an 'AND' filter to show you people assigned to any tag within "Audio/Visual" AND "Choir Ministry". Clicking multiple tags within a tag groups will use an 'OR' filter to show you people assigned to "Altos" OR "Sopranos". Check out this lesson on how to create tags
You can now email your filtered list, or assign tags to them.
Assigning tags from the people page
To quickly assign tags to people, just click and drag the tag from the left sidebar and drop it on top of the person. After you drop it, the cell will briefly show you which tag was just assigned and will change the color of that person until you refresh the page.
A great use of this is to filter to all people that are NOT assigned to a tag, and then drag tags onto them. Hover over a tag group, click the "None" button (as detailed in point 3 above), and then drag options from that tag group onto the filtered people list.
To email people with a filtered list:
Once you have a filtered list, click 'email' and it will send an email to only those on the list you see.