The Filter bar and menu allow you to narrow down the list of people shown based on Teams, Tags, Dates, or Permissions. Filters are applied instantly and can be pinned so they're automatically applied when you first load the page. Filtered results then allow you to take targeted actions using the action bar.
The filter bar shows any filters that are already applied. There is a Team filter applied by default (it's Pinned) that allows Team Leaders to see people from any Teams they lead, and everyone else just people from Teams they are on.
If you click on the Teams filter itself, you'll see its options. At the top we see that the teams listed are coming from this new My Teams grouping. If you have at least Scheduler permissions, you can change My teams to other Folders or Service Types if you want to filter to Teams you aren't a part of.
The buttons at the top let you quickly select Teams from the list below. Clicking "My Teams" will quickly select all the Teams in the list. If you are a Team Leader, you'll also have the "Any I Lead" button that will just select the Teams you lead.
You can also select and deselect individual Teams in the list.
Users with Viewer permissions will not be able to see people that aren't in Teams they are assigned to. As a result, they can't change the My teams dropdown box to see other Teams, they can't remove the My Teams filter, and they must have at least one Team checked.
To find people using filters, enter a phone number, email address, or any name field.
If you want to find people based on their team, tag, a date, or permission, select Filter to reveal the Filter menu.
You can also type f to quickly open and close the filter menu.
The Filter menu is broken up into 4 main tabs: Teams, Tags, Dates, and Permissions. Select a tab to see its filters.
In addition, the Teams tab allows you to choose Teams, Positions, or Advanced, and the Tags tab allows toggling between Tags and Tag Groups.
Choosing options inside of 1 filter finds people who belong to at least one of the selected options. It does not require a person to belong to all of them. It's like putting an OR between each option.
In the Teams tab, you can filter by Team, Position, or use some Advanced options.
The Teams filter allows you to find people who are assigned to at least one of the selected Teams, as shown above.
Find everyone assigned to different specific positions.
Check positions based on the Team or Service Type you select.
Each position you check acts as an OR instead of an AND, which allows you to see everyone assigned to any of the checked positions.
Find everyone assigned to different specific positions within a Team.
Select the dropdown box for one of the Teams then choose from its positions.
- Any selects all the positions from the IN section.
- None selects all the positions from the NOT IN section to help you find all the people who do not belong those positions.
- To find people assigned to a position, choose the position from the IN section.
- To find people who are not assigned to a position, choose the position from the NOT IN section. \
You can mix and match, and choosing an option from IN deselects it from NOT IN since they cancel each other out.
Find people based on different dates
- The date the person was first added to Planning Center Services.
- The date a person's profile was last updated, either by themselves or someone else.
- The date a person added blockout dates or clicked "I Have No Blockouts" within a Blockout Request email.
- The date a person last logged in to the website or Services for iOS or Android versions 3.3 and higher.
- The date of the most future plan a person has been scheduled to.
Each date field allows choosing specific dates or dates relative to today. When choosing relative dates like Past Day, it uses the current time as the end point, meaning Past Day is the last 24 hours.
The top two permission filters use actual permissions and allow finding people with an exact permission, a minimum permission, or a maximum permission. The permissions in ascending order are Scheduled Viewer, Viewer, Scheduler, Editor, Administrator.
- Show people by their person's highest permission across all Service Types and Folders, the permission listed on the main People page and at the top of their Profile.
- Choose a Service Type or Folder then the permission for their Service Type or Folder. If their permission for a Service Type is set to Same as Parent and is therefore inheriting from the Folder, the inherited permission is used, since that determines what a person can do.
- Show people who are added to any Team as a Team Leader.
- If you track Background Checks, view those who have cleared a background check or if the check is missing. Missing shows people who have never had a background check or whose results are pending or need action.
To find people with archived accounts, set Permission (Highest) to Exactly and Archived.
The Filter Bar shows filters that are applied and allows you to make quick changes. You can click directly on any filter and remove it by typing delete or backspace on your keyboard. You can also open the filter and select Remove.
To clear all filters, select the X to the right of the filter bar.
Yellow filters have been Pinned and will be applied automatically every time you come back to the page. The Filter itself is what's pinned, not its options, so each time you come back it will remember whichever options it had last.
If you don't want a filter automatically applied, click it in the Filter bar and Unpin it using the button at the bottom.
Unpinning a filter will turn it gray.
Sometimes you want to find people who have Option A and Option B, and sometimes you want to find people who have Option A or Option B.
- Checkbox options = OR. When you select options within a single filter, you can imagine those options are joined together with the word OR.
- Filter to Filter = AND. When you add additional filters, you can imagine the word AND between them.
Knowing this logic can help you apply some more advanced filters in different ways.
If instead you want to find people who are on Team A AND Team B, you can use Position Filters, clicking the Any button within each filter.
If instead you want to find people with specific tags in Group A OR specific tags in Group B, using the Tag Group filters.
When you change filters in any way, the web address URL of the page is changed to reflect the exact filters you've applied. If you have many different combinations of filters you apply frequently, you can bookmark a filtered page using your Internet Browser's bookmark feature.