When you have sermon slides, videos, or other forms of media in your service, you can easily store them in Services to use in a Plan! The Media Tab hosts all files you add, and they will sync with Planning Center Projector--and even ProPresenter--to put on screen during your service.
- Click add media.
- Enter the title.
- Choose the type then enter the length and creator.
If you have a suggestion for other Media Types, please email it to us by clicking the ?, so we can add it to our list.
- Enter a theme and choose when to auto-archive any media.
Archiving removes the media from the Media Tab, but it is not the same as deleting. The media will count against your storage until you delete it.
- You can add tags to your item and then filter the Media Tab based on those tags. Tags are great to use for different ministries, especially with Kids Ministry Lessons.
When you are finished adding the information, click Submit to be taken to the individual media page.
Add Media Information
The individual media page contains all the information you just added, gives you a place to add any additional information, and allows you to add attachments.
- If you forgot or would like to change some of the information you input when you added the item, click Edit to change the Title, Type, Length, Creator, and Themes.
- Use the filter to select dates and see the dates of each plan that used this media.
- If you have files you want to upload or link to this media, click Add to add any attachments.
If you click on a file, you'll be able to preview it right in your screen without downloading it! Download a file using the download button that shows when you hover over a file or hover and type d. If you're previewing the item, you can then download it at the top right of the file preview.
- Add any notes about this media.
- Assign tags to help you file later.
- Choose to archive any media you only need for special occasions so as not to clutter up your Media Tab. You can set it to Later after it's been used or archive it now. Then unarchive them if you need them again!
You can also delete your media from the individual media page.
Archived media does count against your allotted file storage space.
Restore Archived Media
If you've archived media to be used at a later date, it's easy to restore it! On the Media Tab, check the box to Show Archived Media then click Apply Filter.
Go to the individual media page by clicking the media then click Restore.
You can delete media from the Media Tab and delete files from the individual media page.
Hover over the media and click the red minus circle then confirm deletion.
To delete a file, go to the individual media page, hover over the file, and click the pencil icon. Then click delete and confirm.
You can also delete by using a Hotkey! Hover over the file and type x to delete. Then confirm by hitting enter.
After you've added the media you want, learn how to add that media to a plan!