Managing Your Schedule
This lesson shows you how to accept or decline scheduling requests, view the plans you are a part of, and block-out dates that you know you will be unavailable.
The My Schedule Page
- Pending Requests- You will see a list of the requests that have been sent to you but you have not responded to yet. If someone has added you to their schedule but hasn't sent you an email yet, it will not show up in the Pending Requests area. Respond by clicking 'accept' or 'decline'.
- Upcoming Dates- This section shows you any plans you have confirmed. Click decline if you are no longer available. Once you have declined, the only way to accept is to manually email your leader and ask them to reschedule you. To see the plan, click the name of the service (above, "Weekend Experience (North Campus)" or "La Quinta/Main Campus" are both examples).
- Signup Sheets - Some churches allow their users to schedule themselves. If you see a Signup Sheet, you can click the 'sign up now' button to schedule yourself for any dates that are created.
- My Calendar displays a calendar with color-coded symbols over dates. A green triangle is for any dates you've confirmed, a yellow square is for any dates you've been notified of but haven't yet responded to, and a red dot is for dates you've either declined or blocked out, and grey is for a date that you are not scheduled for. The yellow square is the current date.
- To view all available events in your Planning Center account, click on 'View Master Calendar'
- Block Out Dates - Add dates you know you will be unavailable ahead of time.
- Calendar Integrations: If you wish to sync your PCO calendar with iCal, Outlook 2007, or Google Calendar, click Calendar Integrations, then the link for your specific calendar.
If your church allows users to schedule themselves, you might get an email with a link to a signup sheet, or you might see a link to sign up in your schedule. After clicking the link in your email or My Schedule, you'll be taken to the Signup Sheet shown above. Each date available for signups is shown in a column, and any positions you have been approved to sign up for will have a green 'sign up now' button. Click 'sign up now' to add yourself to the schedule and confirm that you will be there. After clicking you will be asked to confirm.
This video walks you through how to use Signup Sheets