If you have Songs or Arrangements that you've used in the past but no longer plan to use, you can archive them. For example, you might want to hide one-time Christmas or special event songs if you won't use them the rest of the year. You can archive or restore a single song or several songs at a time.
Archived Songs and Arrangements are hidden in the main Songs page list unless you filter for them. They will also not show up when you're adding a song to a plan.
Before archiving songs, you can create a filtered list with the songs that you want to archive, then archive them in bulk.
For example, you can create a filtered list of Christmas songs, and in the Fall when you're beginning to plan your Christmas services, you can find and restore those songs by filtering the Songs tab for archived songs with the tag.
Archive or Restore a Single Song or Arrangement
To archive a single song or arrangement, select the song from the main song list.
To restore a single song or arrangement, first filter the list for archived songs, and then select a song from the list.
Archive the song or arrangement from the song page.
- Click the song archive icon to archive a song or restore an archived song.
- Click the arrangement archive icon to archive an arrangement or restore an archived arrangement.
Archive or Restore More Than One Song or Arrangement
To archive more than one song or arrangement at a time, click the pencil icon at the top of the main Songs list.
To restore more than one song or arrangement at a time, first filter the song list to show archived songs, and then click the pencil icon at the top of the list.
Select either Bulk Edit Songs or Bulk Edit Arrangements.
Select the songs or arrangements that you want to archive or restore, and then click the green pencil icon.
Select Archive from the Archive dropdown or Restore from the Restore dropdown, and then click Update.
Where Archived Songs Are Hidden or Shown
Archived Songs and Arrangements are hidden from:
- Scheduling Songs. When adding Songs to a plan, you will not see archived Songs or Arrangements.
- Song Filters. When filtering Songs, archived Songs & Arrangements will not show as options.
- The Song Page. The Song page will not list archived Songs or Arrangements, unless you specifically filter for them.
- Song Pages. When looking at an individual Song, archived Arrangements will be hidden unless you click the button to show them.
Archived Songs and Arrangements are shown:
- When viewing plans where that song or arrangement was already add to the Order of Service.
- After specifically filtering to Show Archived Songs or Show Archived Arrangements.