If you have Songs or Arrangements that you've used in the past, but no longer plan to use, you can archive them. For example, if you might want to hide one-time Christmas or special event songs if you won't use them the rest of the year.
Archived Songs and Arrangements are hidden in the main Songs page list unless you filter for them. They will also not show up when you're adding a song to a plan.
Archive a Song or Arrangement
You can archive a single song or arrangement or select multiple songs or arrangements to archive at once.
Archive a Single Song or Arrangement
To archive a single song or arrangement, select the song from the main song list.
Archive the song or arrangement.
- Click the song archive icon to archive the song.
- Click the arrangement archive icon to archive the arrangement.
Archive More Than One Song or Arrangement
To archive more than one song or arrangement at a time, click the pencil icon at the top of the Songs list.
Select either Bulk Edit Songs or Bulk Edit Arrangements.
Select the songs or arrangements that you want to archive, and then click the green pencil icon.
Select Archive from the Archive dropdown, and then click Update.
Before archiving the songs, you can create a filtered list with the songs that you want to archive, then archive them in bulk. For example, you can create a filtered list of Christmas songs, and in the Fall when you're beginning to plan your Christmas services, you can find and restore those songs by filtering the Songs tab for archived songs with the tag.
Restore a Song or Arrangement
To restore an archived song or arrangement, first set the Show Archived Songs or Show Archived Arrangements filter in the History filter tab.
Restore a Single Song or Arrangement
From the archived song list, select a song or arrangement.
- Click the song restore icon to restore the song.
- Click the arrangement restore icon to restore the arrangement.
Restore More Than One Song or Arrangement
To restore more than one song or arrangement, click the pencil icon in the top left corner of the list, and then select Bulk Edit Songs or Bulk Edit Arrangements.
Select the songs or arrangements that you want to archive, and then then click the green pencil icon.
Select Restore from the Restore dropdown, and then click Update.
Where Archived Songs Are Hidden or Shown
Archived Songs and Arrangements are hidden from:
- Scheduling Songs. When adding Songs to a plan, you will not see archived Songs or Arrangements.
- Song Filters. When filtering Songs, archived Songs & Arrangements will not show as options.
- The Song Page. The Song page will not list archived Songs or Arrangements, unless you specifically filter for them.
- Song Pages. When looking at an individual Song, archived Arrangements will be hidden unless you click the button to show them.
Archived Songs and Arrangements are shown:
- When viewing plans where that song or arrangement was already add to the Order of Service.
- After specifically filtering to Show Archived Songs or Show Archived Arrangements.