If you have Songs or Arrangements that you've used in the past, but no longer plan to use, you can archive them. This also helps to hide one-time Christmas or Special Event songs. Archived Songs and Arrangements are hidden in the main Songs page list unless you filter for them. They will also not show up when you're adding a song to a plan.
Archive or Restore a Song
To archive a song from the list on the Songs page, hover your mouse over a song, and then click the yellow square icon that shows up between the pencil and the delete icons.
You can also archive a song from the Song page clicking the archive icon in the top right corner of the page.
To archive a handful of songs, such as Christmas songs, tag each of them first. Then in the fall, when you're beginning to plan your Christmas services, you can find and restore those songs by filtering the Songs tab by archived songs with the tag.
To restore an archived song, you must first use the filters on the main Songs tab to view archived songs.
- If the show filters button is visible, click it so that the hide filters button is visible.
- Click the box next to Show Archived Songs.
- Click Apply Filter.
Your archived songs will be listed, and when you hover over a song title and click the restore button on the right, it will no longer be archived.
You can also click on the song, and then click the restore button in the upper right corner of the Song page to unarchive it.
Archive or Restore an Arrangement
To archive an arrangement, click the archive button in the top right corner of the arrangement.
To restore an archived arrangement, click the Show Archived button under the list of arrangements.
Select the arrangement that you want to restore from the Archived Arrangements list, and then click the restore button to unarchive the arrangement.
Where Archived Songs Are Hidden or Shown
Archived Songs & Arrangements are hidden from:
- Scheduling Songs. When adding Songs to a plan, you will not see archived Songs or Arrangements.
- Song Filters. When filtering Songs, archived Songs & Arrangements will not show as options.
- The Song Page. The Song page will not list archived Songs or Arrangements, unless you specifically filter for them.
- Song Pages. When looking at an individual Song, archived Arrangements will be hidden unless you click the button to show them.
Archived Songs & Arrangements are shown:
- When viewing plans where that song or arrangement was already add to the Order of Service.
- After specifically filtering to Show Archived Songs or Show Archived Arrangements.