Song tags allow you to filter your songs to help you find songs the meet your own customized criteria, like songs that are a certain speed or that you only use in a specific ministry.
Types of Tags
The Songs page allows you to assign tags just like the People page does. However, on the Songs page there are two types of tags:
- Song Tags. These are tags that apply to the song in general, regardless of arrangement, like if it's a Christmas song.
- Arrangement Tags. These are tags that can be different for each arrangement of a song, like speed. One arrangement can be tagged as Fast, and another arrangement of the same song coule be tagged as Slow.
To edit those tags (delete, add new, edit current ones), click 'edit tags' at the bottom of their sections.
Add, Edit, or Delete Tags
On this page, you are able to add, edit, or delete any tags you need to.
- Add new tag groups here. Type in the name, then click add new tag group.
- Add new tags within that group here. Type in the name of your tag and click add new.
- Edit current options or tags by hovering over them and clicking on the pencil. To delete them, click on the minus (once a tag group or tag is deleted, it cannot be recovered, so be careful).
To assign tags to a song or its arrangements, find the Tag section and click Add. Add Song tags from the top of the "Song (All Arrangements)" tab. Add Arrangement tags at the bottom of a specific arrangement tab.
Type the name of a tag, or click a tag group to see its tags. If you don't see tags your are expecting to see, you're probably trying to add a Song tag to an Arrangement. Remember, you'll only see tags that match the type of tab you are on.
After selecting your tag, it's automatically saved. Click the x on the tag to remove it.
Filtering using Tags
On the left of the main Songs page, click any tag to filter your list to songs or arrangements with that tag.
The main song list is filtered to songs that have the selected tag.
We now have a list of all the songs in my account that have the tag "Instrumental"