Split Teams allow you to have one team with people who can serve at different times. There are four main benefits to Split Teams:
From the Members tab, view all the people on your Team. You can even filter the times to see just the people assigned to specific times.
If all team members for one time are unavailable, it's easy to to choose someone who normally prefers a different time. Click plus x people with conflicts to ask someone who prefers to serve at another time to fill in.
Split Teams take up less space on the plan page and in our mobile apps. In the Teams section on any plan page, you can collapse the entire team to one row. In our mobile apps, you'll only see the team once and tapping it will then show you the times within it.
Check out the video on Split Teams or follow the steps below to create your Split Team.
To make your team a Split Team, check the box next to Split Team in the Team Settings.
See if a team is a Split Team by glancing at the arrows icon next to the team name.
Once you've enabled the Split Team, set the times for that team, merge any teams that previously existed, and set your team members' scheduling preferences.
Set the Times
Once Split Teams are enabled, you can set the times for that team based on when they will serve.
Select Times in the Split Teams box to add or remove times.
Choose to import service times from the most recent plan or to add your own times.
Time are shared for each Service Type, which means the times set here will apply to all split teams in the Service Types.
Add, edit, or delete additional times as well.
Times added here are not added to the plan. To activate these times, make sure they're added to the plan. Once they're added, you can view a person's assigned times to ensure they've been scheduled correctly.
- Change the day or time by selecting the pencil.
- Delete the time completely by selecting the trashcan.
- Once you click Add Day or the pencil, choose a day from the dropdown and enter the time. Save to add that time.
Once you've made the necessary changes to the times, Close the box to continue making changes to the team.
If you add a one-use time for a special service, you can still assign split teams to that time without adding the time to this time preference.
Check Assigned Times
In a plan, select the name of someone assigned to multiple times.
Next to the team name, you can choose which times the person is scheduled. This dropdown is linked to the Service Times checkboxes on the right.
If you uncheck times in one place, the other place will reflect that change.
When you remove a person from a time within a Split Team, it unassigns them from that time. If that was the only time they were assigned to, they are completely removed from the plan. If they were assigned to multiple times in that team, they are only removed from the time you removed them from.
If you currently have a team that you've created multiple teams for each service time, you can merge those teams into one Split Team.
Merging teams takes all people assigned to the old teams and assigns them to specific times in the new team. It also takes needed positions and scheduled people from plans and moves them into the new team. The old team is then deleted.
You cannot merge teams until you've created times for those teams. The Merge button will be grayed out, and you'll see a message if you hover over it.
Once you've created times, select Merge to choose teams to merge into the new team.
- Use the dropdown to select teams to merge into your new team.
- The teams will populate below, and you can choose a time from the dropdown. All people in that team will then be assigned to the selected time.
Once you've made those changes, select Submit to merge those teams together.
- All people assigned to positions in your old teams will be assigned to the same positions in your new team with the time you specified.
- All people scheduled to your old teams will be scheduled to the new team, even in templates and past plans. All settings about their schedule, including Replies To Person, assigned times, status, and notification settings will stay as they were. In addition, if you had previously sent scheduling emails for the old team, those people will still be able to respond using the links in the original scheduling email.
- All needed positions in plans or templates will be recreated in the new team and assigned to the time options you created.
- Your old teams will be deleted, and only your new team will remain. Teams can be recovered for up to seven days, so if you chose options incorrectly, you can undo the merge by restoring those deleted teams.
Now that you've set the times and merged the teams, set time preferences for your team members.
Set Time Preferences
If you know your members' time preferences, you can set them in each position; however, your team members can also set their own time preferences.
Set Preferences for Members
From a position tab, select the times to choose which times the person would like to be scheduled.
Then, select the preference to choose how often the person would like to be scheduled.
You can even choose certain weeks like the 1st and 3rd week by selecting Choose Weeks from the dropdown.
Request Team Members Set Preferences
If you don't know the preferences of your team members, you can ask them to set those or at least double check them by sending them a quick email.
From any of the Members tabs, select the email icon in the top right.
Encourage your team members to set their scheduling preferences and even send them the article showing them how to do it!
Now, you cross your fingers and hope they set those time preferences! The more preferences set, the less declines!