Add Songs complete with different Arrangements, Keys, and any Attachments you want your team to access.
Add a Song
From the Songs page, click add a new song.
You must be at least an Editor to add songs.
As you type the name of your song, we search CCLI's database of songs, which provides copyright information and more.
If you don't like the results of the search, click outside the search results to ignore them.
Once you've entered all the information, click Accept to be taken to the song page.
If the song you want to access already exists in your database, select the name (in bold) or arrangement name (in italics) to go straight to that page.
Add Song Information
Any information entered when the song is added is reflected on the song page. In addition, you can add attachments to the song.
- Click the name of the song to change the Song Title, CCLI#, Author, Copyright, Administration, Notes, or Themes. If this song has a CCLI#, most of this information is imported from CCLI's database.
- Drag and drop or browse for files to attach to the song.
- Add song tags.
- Use the filter to select dates and see the dates of each plan that used this song.
Add and Edit Arrangements
Add Arrangement Details
Select Add to create a new arrangement/version of the song.
Name your arrangement based on the artist, style, or a ministry in your church to help you differentiate it from other arrangements when scheduling.
- Add length, BPM, or meter if you know it now, or easily enter it later.
- Set any tags; required tags will be marked.
- If you've integrated with a SongSelect account, you have the option to import lyrics.
- If you've enabled PraiseCharts and purchased a file for your song, you can import the file(s) by choosing them from the dropdown.
When you click Submit, your arrangement will be created, and you'll be prompted to add a key.
Add Key Details
After adding a new arrangement, you'll be taken to the key details to add your first key.
- Set the start and end key. Most songs with a CCLI# have a default key which will already be set. If your song has a key change and ends in a different key, set that here.
- Enter extra information about this key such as if it's a key a certain worship leader prefers or is the preferred congregational key. You can also leave this blank.
- Add an alternate key to get Capo versions of chord charts. Any chord charts made using our Lyrics and Chords Editor will give you charts in the main key and any alternate keys you add to a plan.
- If you've integrated with a SongSelect account that includes chord charts, you might have the option to import them. You can import chord charts in the main key and any alternate keys, but you cannot make changes to the chord chart itself. You can only make changes to chord charts created in the Chord Editor.
- If you've integrated with a PraiseCharts account, you'll have the option to import any purchased files for this key if they are available.
Select Save to be taken to the Song Page.
To add a new key, click Add Key from the key navigation.
Click any key in the key navigation to scroll to that key and see its files.
To edit a key, click the key itself and edit its settings from the key popup.
From the key information, delete the key by clicking Delete and confirming.
Deleting the key cannot be undone.
Select an arrangement tab to see information about the arrangement.
- The tabs give you access to different arrangements, or versions, of your song. All Arrangements allows you to manage information that applies to the whole song such as files, the schedule, and tags. The other tabs allow you to attach files to that specific arrangement, so when it is added to a plan, only the files for that arrangement show.
- Select the arrangement title, song length, BPM, meter, or sequence to edit them directly. You can tab between them and enter will save automatically.
- If you already have files you want to upload, or you get your files from other sources, you can add them.
- Enter lyrics & chords to create PDFs which will be transposed to any key you add.
- Manage files specific to the arrangement.
- Add Keys and manage files in each key box.
- Use the filter to select dates and see the dates of each plan that used this particular arrangement.
- Assign tags to this arrangement to help you filter later.
- Notes are only visible on the Arrangement page, and they are separate from the Song Notes.
- You can archive or delete the song. If you no longer plan to use a song, archive it, so it doesn't come up in searches. Only delete a song if you've never used it.
- You can duplicate, archive, or delete the arrangement. If you no longer plan to use an arrangement, you can archive it and restore it later. Only delete an arrangement if you have never used it.
Deleting the arrangement or the song removes all the history of the song and cannot be undone. You should only use the delete option if you've never used the song or arrangement.
If you want to create an arrangement that's very similar to an existing arrangement, you can duplicate the arrangement, including all its files.
If you use Planning Center Music Stand, one benefit of separate arrangements is the notes you annotate in Music Stand are different for each arrangement.
To duplicate an arrangement, click the Duplicate Arrangement button at the top right of any arrangement.
After confirming that you want to duplicate the arrangement, a copy of the arrangement is created.
Change the name by selecting it and typing in a new name.
The most obvious way to add or import files is to click the + button next to Files. You'll then have the option to upload your own files, link to popular song libraries on the internet including iTunes and YouTube, or import files from SongSelect, PraiseCharts, or RehearsalMix.
The easiest way to upload your own files is to drag them from your computer onto a key, arrangement, or song files box.
You can move files within an arrangement by dragging to the other boxes or even onto the navigation buttons underneath.
For audio and video files, we recommend using .mp3 and .mp4 files, as these are compatible with the Media Player.
Move files to other arrangements or to the Song level by dragging onto tabs. If you drag a file from a key onto another arrangment tab, it will be attached to the same key in the new arrangement, even if it has to create the key to do so.
To delete a file, hover over it, click the pencil, then choose Delete.
You can also hover over the file and type x to delete the file.
Copy files (instead of move) by holding down the option/alt key while you drag.
- Files at the Song level will be available for all arrangements and all keys. This is generally not recommended. Instead, switch to a specific arrangement tab. If you have existing files already attached to the song, you can simply drag them from the song onto any arrangement tab on the left to move them.
- Files to an Arrangement will be available for that specific arrangement and all keys within it. Lyric files should usually be attached to the arrangement since the lyrics won't change when you choose different keys.
- Files to a Key will only be available for that arrangement and that key. It is usually best to attach chord charts directly to a key. Then when you add a song to a plan and choose a key, only the chord chart for that key will appear. If you upload audio files and plan on transposing them, attach those to the key.