Add Songs complete with different Arrangements and Keys.
Add a Song
From the Songs page, click add a new song.
You must be at least an Editor to add songs.
As you type the name of your song, we search CCLI's database of songs, which provides copyright information and more.
If you don't like the results of the search, click outside the search results to ignore them.
Once you've entered all the information, click Accept to be taken to the song page.
If the song you want to access already exists in your database, select the name (in bold) or arrangement name (in italics) to go straight to that page.
Add Song Information
Any information entered when the song is added is reflected on the song page. In addition, you can add attachments to the song.
- Click the name of the song to change the Song Title, CCLI#, Author, Copyright, Administration, Notes, or Themes. If this song has a CCLI#, most of this information is imported from CCLI's database.
- Drag and drop or browse for files to attach to the song.
- Add song tags.
- Use the filter to select dates and see the dates of each plan that used this song.
Add and Edit Arrangements
Add Arrangement Details
Select Add to create a new arrangement/version of the song.
Name your arrangement based on the artist, style, or a ministry in your church to help you differentiate it from other arrangements when scheduling.
- Add length, BPM, or meter if you know it now, or easily enter it later.
- Set any tags; required tags will be marked.
- If you've integrated with a SongSelect account, you have the option to import lyrics.
- If you've enabled PraiseCharts and purchased a file for your song, you can import the file(s) by choosing them from the dropdown.
When you click Submit, your arrangement will be created, and you'll be prompted to add a key.
Add Key Details
After adding a new arrangement, you'll be taken to the key details to add your first key.
- Set the start and end key. Most songs with a CCLI# have a default key which will already be set. If your song has a key change and ends in a different key, set that here.
- Enter extra information about this key such as if it's a key a certain worship leader prefers or is the preferred congregational key. You can also leave this blank.
- Add an alternate key to get Capo versions of chord charts. Any chord charts made using our Lyrics and Chords Editor will give you charts in the main key and any alternate keys you add to a plan.
- If you've integrated with a SongSelect account that includes chord charts, you might have the option to import them. You can import chord charts in the main key and any alternate keys, but you cannot make changes to the chord chart itself. You can only make changes to chord charts created in the Chord Editor.
- If you've integrated with a PraiseCharts account, you'll have the option to import any purchased files for this key if they are available.
Select Save to be taken to the Song Page.
To add a new key, click Add Key from the key navigation.
Click any key in the key navigation to scroll to that key and see its files.
To edit a key, click the key itself and edit its settings from the key popup.
From the key information, delete the key by clicking Delete and confirming.
Deleting the key cannot be undone.
Select an arrangement tab to see information about the arrangement.
- The tabs give you access to different arrangements, or versions, of your song. All Arrangements allows you to manage information that applies to the whole song such as files, the schedule, and tags. The other tabs allow you to attach files to that specific arrangement, so when it is added to a plan, only the files for that arrangement show.
- Select the arrangement title, song length, BPM, meter, or sequence to edit them directly. You can tab between them and enter will save automatically.
- If you already have files you want to upload, or you get your files from other sources, you can add them.
- Enter lyrics & chords to create PDFs which will be transposed to any key you add.
- Manage files specific to the arrangement.
- Add Keys and manage files in each key box.
- Use the filter to select dates and see the dates of each plan that used this particular arrangement.
- Assign tags to this arrangement to help you filter later.
- Notes are only visible on the Arrangement page, and they are separate from the Song Notes.
- You can archive or delete the song. If you no longer plan to use a song, archive it, so it doesn't come up in searches. Only delete a song if you've never used it.
- You can duplicate, archive, or delete the arrangement. If you no longer plan to use an arrangement, you can archive it and restore it later. Only delete an arrangement if you have never used it.
Deleting the arrangement or the song removes all the history of the song and cannot be undone. You should only use the delete option if you've never used the song or arrangement.
If you want to create an arrangement that's very similar to an existing arrangement, you can duplicate the arrangement, including all its files.
If you use Planning Center Music Stand, one benefit of separate arrangements is the notes you annotate in Music Stand are different for each arrangement.
To duplicate an arrangement, click the Duplicate Arrangement button at the top right of any arrangement.
After confirming that you want to duplicate the arrangement, a copy of the arrangement is created.
Change the name by selecting it and typing in a new name.
You can also attach audio files, chord charts, and other music files to your song.