You can create a one-time special service for events like Christmas or Easter. Services, Check-Ins, and Calendar all allow you to create new special events or add the event to your existing plan, depending on what works best for you.
Before setting up a special service, first decide whether or not to create a plan within an existing Service Type or create a completely new Service Type.
Existing Service Type
Most of the time, you will want to create a plan within an existing Service Type. This includes when you want to:
- Add an extra time to your normal services time, like a Sunrise Easter service.
- Have your regular service at a different time, like a Christmas Eve service on Friday night instead of Sunday morning.
- Have a service any other time where your teams are mostly the same or are an extension of your regular service.
Check out the Tips for Creating a Special Service article for tips on creating a special service within an existing Service Type.
New Service Type
If your special service is more like a special event, create a new service type and set its frequency to none. For example:
- If you are doing a Christmas musical, a prayer night, or a night of worship where your teams are very different than your normal service.
- If you have multiple special event services per year and want to group them together more easily.