Set up needed positions when you don't yet know who you want to schedule but you know you will need a certain number of people to fill a position. Then, easily schedule people by selecting the needed position.
Add Needed Positions
From inside any plan, hover over add people then choose the Needed Positions option.
You can also add people by clicking the People tab in the sidebar, which will move your Teams to the center screen.
Once you select Needed Positions, add the number of people you'll need in each position. Select the team in the sidebar then indicate the number of people you will need for each position shown.
Only teams with at least one position will show in this window. If you need to edit teams or add more positions, select Teams in the yellow box at the top.
When you've added all the position, select Accept.
Using needed positions makes your scheduling easier: select the x person needed to add a person to that position.
These are the people you have assigned to your position. Check the box next to a name to select the person then select Accept to schedule them to your plan.
- Next to each person, you'll see any conflicts or scheduling preferences related to the times assigned to the current position. You can still schedule people that have a conflict, but it will warn you first.
- Yellow shows conflicts with other positions.
- Red shows blockout dates.
- Orange shows scheduling preferences to avoid, like if they have set to serve three times a month, and this would be their fourth time.
- Green shows household scheduling preferences, like if they have set to serve at the same time as another family member, and that other family member is already scheduled to the same date or plan.
- Hover over a person to see the details of their conflicts and preferences. Select edit preferences to change their preferences; however, each user can set these preferences from their profile.
- Each Team and Service Type has its own options for how to determine the last date a person is scheduled for. If you'd like to use a different date, choose from the dropdown.
- If this is not a Tag Team, add new people to this position using the bar at the bottom or remove people by hovering over them and clicking the red minus button.
- Filter this list of people to only show those who are available by clicking hide x people with conflicts. This setting will be saved until you click to show people with conflicts, so the next time you fill a needed position, people with conflicts will be hidden by default.
You can set up needed positions in your templates, so they are automatically added to new plans.