If you have people you want to schedule only when your regular team members are unavailable, you can use a combination of Tags and Needed Positions to set this up.
- Assign tags to your backup people.
- Only assign your primary people to your team.
- When your primary people are all busy, search for your backup people using tags.
Assign Primary People Directly to Teams
In order for the Backups to be scheduled when primary people are unavailable, the team cannot be a tag team.
From any plan in your service, edit your Team and make sure to uncheck Tag Team in the Team settings.
Then edit your positions on the team in the Members tab, and add only your primary people for that position. Don't add any of your backup people.
When scheduling, use needed positions to schedule your team.
Schedule Backups When Needed
In the team dropdown, click Add People.
In the Guest tab, click Filter.
Filter the list by the tag that's assigned to the people you want to schedule.
- Choose the tag from the tag group dropdown.
- Click to see the list of people assigned to the tag.
Schedule the people to the plan.
- Select the people you want to schedule.
- Make sure that the team and position are correct.
- Click Add to schedule the people to the team.