Schedulers, Editors and Administrators can set up households so their team members can set household preferences. By default Scheduled Viewers and Viewers can only set Household preferences, and cannot create Households. However, Organization Admins can allow Scheduled Viewers and Viewers to set up their own households from the site settings page.
Go to your Profile
- Click your name in the upper right
- Click 'Profile'
If you don't see this button, then you have a lower permission that your church doesn't allow to set up Households.
Choose a Household
- If you already have a Household you want to edit, click it.
- If you don't have a Household, or need to add another one, click "add a household.'
Add a New Household
If you click to add a new household, search for an existing person whose household you want to join. (Only Schedulers, Editors,and Administrators can create new people from here using the button at the bottom of the search results)
Set Up and Add Members to the Household
- Shows who the Primary Contact of the Household is. This field doesn't have any effect on any features at this time, but might in the future.
- Delete a person from a Household. (Click the gear on any person to reveal these options)
- Make this person the Primary contact. (Click the gear on any person to reveal these options)
- Add more people to the Household. (If a Scheduled Viewer or Viewer adds a new person, that new person will receive an approval email to confirm and will be set as pending. When Schedulers and higher add a person, no email is sent and the person is set as confirmed. In addition, only Schedulers and higher can add people that do not have an email address.)
- To Permanently Delete the Household, hover over the person's name and click the Red icon (Schedulers or higher can see this)
NOTE: New members added by Viewers will be "Pending" until they are confirmed in the approval email or by someone with at least Scheduler permissions in this box.
Set Household Preferences
Now you can set Household scheduling preferences using the steps in this lesson.