This lesson will show you how to add a new person to your account from the main people tab. You can also add people within any Plan or Matrix using the button at the bottom of the People Library Sidebar.
Click Add Person
From the main People tab, click Add Person.
In addition, from most other places in the app where you can search for people, you'll find an Add Person button at the bottom of the results.
Type their name
- Enter the name of the person you wish to add.
- If the person already exists anywhere in your Planning Center account, their name will appear in the drop down menu. People who have never been scheduled or who have been archived, will show in separate groups.
- If your person doesn't show up in the list, click 'Create A New Person'
Create their account
When you click Save, their account is created in Planning Center People, where every person in your church database can be stored (not just team members).
Import them to Services
After you click Save and their account is created, you'll see a second popup asking you to import that person into the Services app where you can set options specific to Services.
When you Import a person to Services, they count against the number of Team Members included in your church's pricing package for Services.
- Choose which, if any, welcome email to send them. A link to set their password will be included, with instructions on updating their contact information, uploading a profile picture and setting up text messaging. In addition, there is a link to our Volunteer Video Tutorial which gives them all the basics of managing their schedule and account.
- If needed, change their permissions.
- If your account has Required Tags, you'll need to choose options for those, too.
Click Submit once this information has been filled out.
Your new person is created and you are taken to their profile page.
For information on the different features of profiles, view our article on the Profile Page.