This lesson is an overview of using Songs, Arrangements and Keys with links to other lessons that show you how to accomplish each task.
First, check out our tutorial on Songs and Arrangements!
- SongSelect - If you have a SongSelect by CCLI account, enable the integration to import chord charts and lyrics.
- PraiseCharts - If you buy lead sheets, chord charts, audio files, or orchestrations that match many different arrangements of songs available at PraiseCharts, link your accounts.
- RehearsalMix - To get audio files for rehearsing with each instrument turned up, link to your RehearsalMix account.
Adding and Editing Songs, Arrangement and Keys
Songs can have multiple arrangements and each arrangement can have many keys. When you add a song to a plan in one key, only the files from that key, arrangement, and song will be available from the plan so that your users always have the correct files.
- Adding a New Song - Song information is imported from CCLI.
- Adding Arrangements to a Song - Add different arrangements for each version of the song you use. Title your arrangements by the original artist or album (Chris Tomlin - Arriving), by ministry (Student Arrangement) or any way that will help you differentiate between them (Condensed Version).
- Adding Keys to Song Arrangements - Add multiple keys, and use Planning Center's transposing features. You can even title your Keys to help you know what you use each key for (Female Key, Original Key).
Organizing and Finding Your Songs
Transposing Chords and Mp3s
- Add Song Attachments - Upload files from your computer, link to files on the internet, or link to iTunes, AmazonMP3, or Spotify. Files will be available to your users when you add them to your plans.
- Streaming or Downloading MP3s - Choose to enable mp3 downloading or restrict it so that they can only be streamed online.
- Attachment Types - Using this advanced feature, you can classify each file you attach so that different users see different files. For example, set it up so that only Band members can see chord charts, Vocalists can see lyrics, or different members of your orchestra only see the sheet music for their instrument.