Adding Items, Songs and Media to Your Plan
This lesson shows you how to add items, songs, media and headers to your plan, and what each of those are used for during your service planning.
There are a few places you can click to add items, all are shown above. Click Add an Item in any one of the three locations to get started in planning your service.
Add Item Details
- Type in the Item Title of your item. In this case, I'm titling it "Announcements".
- Enter the Item Length in number of minutes and seconds this item will take, then choose if it's going to take place During Service, or Pre/Post Service (items that are pre or post service will not be included in your total service length).
- Enter a brief Item Description here and it will appear on the Plan page. This should only be about a line or a sentence long, because it will affect how your Plan prints. The longer it is, the more space it takes up.
- If you have longer, more detailed information, or want to use rich text formatting to change fonts, colors or text-size and formatting, click to edit the Item Detail.
- Item Notes: Here you can add any specific notes in categories. To add or edit these categories, see this lesson.
- Convert to header. This will be explained later in the lesson.
- If you want to convert this item to a song or media, click Add Song or Add Media and it will take you the boxes shown later in this lesson.
- By clicking this tab, you can edit Custom Slides for this item, which will then show up in Planning Center Projector
Click Accept when you're done with this Item.
Adding a Header
Hover over 'add an item' and click 'Add a Header'. Headers are best used for organizational purposes to divide your break up your plan into different sections, like 'Worship Set' or 'Sermon'.
Name your Header
Enter the name of your header. Since headers are for organizational purposes, they don't contain any times, notes, or settings. Click accept to add your header to the plan.
Search for your song then select and click Accept.
There are many ways to search for the song you want. You can:
- Use the Search bar at the top to type in the title or a key word in the title
- Use the filtering options on the left to find the song you want.
- Click on a Song Title, Arrangement, or Key to schedule that song to your plan.
Once you have selected the song you wish to add, it will take you to the Edit Item box as shown earlier in this lesson.
Please Note: Brand new accounts will have no songs in the database, so you'll need to add songs to your Songs page before you can add them to your plans. To learn how to do that, click here. or click on 'Add A New Song' at the bottom of the box.
- Select the media you want from the list shown
- Search for media, using the filtering options
Once you have selected the media you wish to add, it will take you to the Edit Item box as shown earlier in this lesson.
Please Note: Brand new accounts will have no media in the database, so you'll need to add media to your Media page before you can add it to your plans. To learn how to do that, click here.