Welcome to Services! This article will help you set up your Services account by adding your first service, and it will provide you with links to learn more. In addition to this guide, you can check out our Product Tour, which shows you how Services works for your church.
Follow the instructions in this article to set up teams, schedule people, add songs, and create a service that looks like the one shown below.
Watch this video for information on how to create teams, and read the instructions below for more details.
Select the gear icon next to Team (Scheduled People) to access all the teams you added earlier.
Here is a list of your teams and the positions within the teams. To add positions or people to the pre-created positions, select the team from the list.
Add people to a team by assigning them to the appropriate position. Begin typing the name of a person to assign them to the position.
If the person shows in a list in gray, they are in your database, but have not been scheduled before. Select their name and confirm you want to add the person to Services.
If the person you're searching doesn't show up in the search, select Create a New Person to add the person to your database and the plan.
If you've already imported your people into People, create a list of people you'd like to have access to Services then add them to Services and send them a Welcome Email.
Once you've added people to those positions, it's time to set up scheduling templates.
Create Scheduling Templates
If your scheduling looks the same each week or has sub-teams scheduled on rotation, create a template to speed up scheduling.
You can choose your template when creating a new plan or import the template into an existing plan.
See the video below for more information about creating scheduling templates.
Schedule People to the Plan
Once you've added people to their positions in their teams and set up templates, you can schedule them to a plan in a number of ways.
Check out the video to see how to schedule, and then email your people.
One Week at a Time
Many Weeks at a Time
Allow Users to Schedule Themselves
- If you enable Signup Sheets, for teams within your plans and people can sign up for any of their positions, as long as positions are needed.
Once you choose a way to schedule, people are scheduled to your plan but will not be able to access the plan until you email them.
Send Plan to Scheduled People
Once you have schedule people to your plan, you can either wait until you add your items to the plan or send the plan to scheduled people by choosing the email icon next to any team name or by choosing email.
Get to this view where scheduled people are in the middle of the screen by selecting People from the sidebar.
Choose the status and teams of the people to send them an email.
- If you're sending Scheduling Requests, you can send it to those who haven't received a notification yet or to all the people, even those who have received an email before.
- If you've enabled Signup Sheets and want to email those who can sign up for a position, select Needed Positions.
- Check the status of the people you're emailing if you want to email people with a specific status.
- Check the teams you'd like to email.
Select Accept to create the email you're sending to your people.
Choose an email template then enter the information in the body of the email.
Select the X to remove a person from receiving this email.
Your team members will receive an email with the assigned team, position, and time. They can accept or decline right from the email by clicking the appropriate button or select View This Service to see what is on the plan and others on the plan, according to their permissions.
People will be able to Accept or Decline by choosing the corresponding button, but they will not be able to log in until they create a password. You'll need to send them a Welcome Email in order for them to create a password.
Finish filling out your plan by setting up your order of service. Items include sections of your service, separately by headers, as well as media and songs.
Choose add your first item to add the very first part of your service.
Enter information about the item before adding it to the service. If needed, you can edit information from this item after saving.
- Enter the item details including the time the item will last and when you want the item to play. Pre- and Post-Service item times will not be counted in the time total.
- Add a short description about the item. If you need to add more information about the item, add it as Detail by selecting edit.
- Include any notes for each role and add more roles by selecting the gear icon when hovering over Item Notes.
- Upload songs or media and link to those. If you haven't uploaded songs or media yet, add them now.
Add songs and media as you use them instead of trying to add them all at once. You'll learn the best way to organize your files and will use the items you add!
When you emailed them the first time, you didn't have anything on the plan. Now that you have the order of service with the information they need, send them another email letting them know the schedule is ready to view.
Choose the appropriate teams to email. If you only added items that will affect a couple teams, choose to email only those teams by checking their appropriate box.
Select Accept to be taken to the email screen where you can inform teams of changes in the Order of Service.
If you want to dive a little deeper, we have created some training videos that are continually updated. Each video is about an hour long and has chapters for you to jump around easily. These videos are the best way to train others how to use Services in the best way!
Get Help and Support
If you need any help as you're getting set up, we are here to help you! The best way is by clicking the question mark in the upper right when you're logged in. When you click that, you'll see this helpful dialog box.
- Suggested articles will give suggestions based on the page you're on when you click the question mark.
- Type in what you're looking for. This will search our online manual and return articles on that topic.
- Click browse our documentation to be taken directly to our online manual. You'll be able to see all of our help articles and open them from there.
- Send an email to our Support Team. For the most efficient support, be sure to include specifics about what you're working with. This might include the URL of the plan, the email address of the person, or the name of the file.