Create or Copy a Team
Check out this video for an overview of how to create teams, and then see the article below for more details.
Teams belong to Service Types. From the Plans page, click the gear menu for a Service Type, and then select Teams.
From the Teams tab for a Service Type, click Add Team, and then enter your new team information.
You can copy team settings from an existing team or create a new team.
If you have an existing team that is similar to the one you want to set up, you can copy that team.
- Enter the new team name, and click Copy.
- Select the service type and team that you want to copy from.
- If you want to copy over team members from the existing team, check Include Team Members. Scheduling preferences for team members are not copied over to the new team.
- The person who created the team will automatically be added as a team leader, and the team leaders from the original team are also added. Remove any leaders by clicking the x or add new leaders by searching for them.
If Include Team Members is not checked, team settings and positions will be copied to the new team, but any people or tags won't be assigned to the new team.
If you don't have an existing team that you want to copy from, create a new team.
- Enter the team name, and click New.
- If you want to split team members between multiple service times, check Split Team.
- The person who created the team will automatically be added as a team leader. Remove any leaders by clicking the x or add new leaders by searching for them.
Next Steps: After creating the team, add team members and positions.
Archive a Team
If you have a team you no longer plan to use, archive it instead of deleting it. Archiving allows you to retain all your scheduling history when you look at old plans, but the team will be hidden for future scheduling.
To archive a Team, go to the Service Type Teams tab, and click the name of a team in the list.
Quickly archive a team by hovering over the team and typing x on your keyboard.
To archive the team, click the archive icon.
Delete a Team from a Service Type
You can delete a team from a Service Type, which can be recovered up to seven days after deletion, but we highly recommend archiving instead.
To delete an entire team from a Service Type, go to the Team page, and then select the trash can icon.
Restore a Team to a Service Type
Once you archive or delete a team, you can still restore it from a plan. Archived teams can be restored at any time.
Deleted Teams can only be restored within 7 days of deletion.
From the bottom of the Teams page, select the Show Recently Deleted Teams button below your teams list.
Beside each of your Deleted and Archived teams, you'll see a Restore button. Select that button or use the 'r' hotkey while hovering over the team to make it active again.
Remove a Team from a Plan
If you have already scheduled team members or needed positions to a plan, you will need to delete the individual people and positions in order to completely remove the team.
For example, to remove the Tech team from this plan, remove any scheduled people, then remove the needed positions.
After all needed positions are removed from the plan, the team no longer appears in the Teams list.
To add these people to the positions again, you will need to reschedule the needed positions and people.