After creating a team, you can edit the default settings for team types, scheduling options, stage layouts, and related teams.
Watch this video to learn more about how the Team Settings work and see the article below for more details.
You can assign one or more of the following types to your team:
- Secure Teams allow anyone to be on a team, but only those who have passed a background check can be scheduled to a plan. For example, if you only want people who have passed background checks to serve in children's ministry, you can create a secure team for that ministry.
- Split Teams allow you to have one team with people who can serve at different times. For example, if you have multiple service times and one team of ushers, you can create a split team so that you can assign each usher to only one of the service times per week.
- Tag Teams are a type of team whose members aren't manually assigned. They're useful when you have multiple teams or positions with the exact same members. For example, if you have identified people who can be part of your choir, you can give each person a choir or part tag; then when you want to create the team, search for the tag to find people to assign
Set Scheduling Defaults
Change the defaults for Status or Notification settings, if needed:
- Set the Status to Confirmed If you know for sure that all team members are confirmed for plans they are scheduled to.
- In the Notification section, uncheck Prepared if you want all team members to see where they are scheduled for a plan without sending a prepared notification.
Assign the Replies To Person
You can assign specific team leaders, all team leaders, or the current Scheduler as the default Replies To person that receives emails about people's status.
- Choose Current Scheduler if different people share scheduling responsibilities and you want replies to go to the person who does the scheduling. If the Current Scheduler is not a Team Leader, indicate if they should receive notifications when their people Accept or Decline.
- If you choose All Team Leaders or a specific leader, go to the Members tab, and check that the Notifications settings for the Team Leaders are set up correctly.
Set Scheduling and Viewing Options
Any options that you set here will apply to the whole team:
- Set the default Last Scheduled Date you'd like to use for this team when auto-scheduling. You can set the default date for all teams from the Service Types Teams tab.
- Set limits to Scheduled Viewers that will override the site permissions just for this team. If you choose Schedule Only, Scheduled Viewers can only see their schedule on the My Schedule tab and cannot view the plan.
- If you want this team to be included in your Stage Layouts, choose the label that you want to be shown on the layout, and then choose the color of the team.
- If you want people on this team to sign themselves up for positions but don't want to have to enable Signup Sheets manually for every plan, check the box to enable it by default for this team.