If you create a new team or edit an existing team, you'll be taken to the Team Settings, where you can manage the Team Type, the Replies To person, permissions for that Team, as well as Related Teams.
The default Team Settings works well for most teams; however, if you have specific changes you'd like to make for the people in your team, make those changes in the Settings.
Some Teams require background checks, serve more than one service, or can be easily sorted with tags.
- A Secure Team allows anyone to be on the team, but only those who have passed a background check can be scheduled to a plan.
- Split Teams are great for teams who serve more than one service because they allow members to set their own scheduling preferences, and they help schedulers manage and view the team quickly.
- If you use tags to group people within your account, Tag Teams draw from those tags to create groups of people for a team.
Each member has a response to being scheduled, and that response is received by someone.
- When you schedule new people in this team, they have a certain status by default. If you already know people will be there, set this status to Confirmed; if you want them to be able to confirm or decline themselves, set the status to Unconfirmed.
- When you finish with a plan, you send out a prepared notification email notifying all who are scheduled. If you want people to know they're scheduled for a plan without receiving an email, uncheck the box.
- Once you set Teams Leaders for your team, they can be set as the Replies To person, the one who receive emails about people's status. You can also set this person to be the Current Scheduler, the person who placed them on the schedule from a Template or a Plan, or All Team Leaders listed in the Team Leaders tab, depending on who you'd like to receive replies.
- Team Leaders have their own defaults about what emails they receive; however, when Current Scheduler is chosen, choose what replies they will receive.
Each teams has some options for what is shown according to that team.
- Choose which view you'd like to see when scheduling:
- Same as Service Type uses the setting from your Service Type
- Last Used Anywhere shows the last time the person was scheduled for any plans in the account
- Last Used in [Folder Name] shows the last time the person was scheduled to any plan in the folder
- Last Used in the Service Type shows the last time the person was scheduled to any plan in this Service Type
- Last Used in this Team shows the last time the person was scheduled on this team
- Last Used in this Position shows the last time the person was scheduled to this particular position
- Although each user has a permission, each Team can set limits to Scheduled Viewers within a team, allowing them to see the Full Plan, Song List, or Schedule Only. When set to Schedule Only, they can only get to the dashboard and cannot view the plan.
- If you want this team to be included in your stage layouts, choose to show the Name, Small Name, or Initials to be shown on the layout then choose the color of the team.
- If you want people to sign up for positions but don't want to have to enable signup sheets manually for every plan, check the box to enable it by default.
If you enable signups but don't already have a default "Replies To" person for this team, you will be set. This ensures that if people sign up and then later need to decline, someone is notified about it.
View All Teams
Once you've set the information in each team, you can see most of that information on the Teams tab within the main People page to help you manage all the Teams within your account.
- Choose which Teams you want to see. By default, it shows you My Teams, which are Teams in which you are a Team Leader or assigned to a position as well as their related teams. You can change this to see Teams within other Service Types, Folders, or the entire account.
- Potential errors in a Team's setup are shown with a red warning logo and appear when a Team has 0 Members, 0 Positions, or has never been scheduled. The warning will be highlighted in red; click the red warning to reveal information about the error and how to fix it.
- Select any column header to sort the list by that column.
- Select any Team name or Service Type to go to a page where you can edit the Team.
- View if a team is a Tag Team, Split Team, or Secure Team.
- Choose which columns to show on the page.