If you create a new team or edit an existing team, you'll be taken to the Team Settings, where you can manage the Team Type, the Replies To person, permissions for that Team, as well as Related Teams.
Watch this video to learn more about how the Team Settings work or follow the steps below to set up your team.
The default Team Settings works well for most teams; however, if you have specific changes you'd like to make for the people in your team, make those changes in the Settings.
View Teams for a Service Type
To manage the teams in a Service Type, go to the Service Type where the team exists, and then select the gear next to Teams.
View all the teams listed in the Service Type, and select a team to be taken to its team page.
- If you want to manage the Background Check requirements from the Service Type level, select one of the required options from the dropdown. However, you can leave it up to Teams to choose the Secure Team type manually.
- Choose the Last Scheduled Default criteria to use when scheduling or Auto-scheduling.
- Use the envelope to email all members in the selected teams or the print button to create a people report.
- Reorder the teams as they show in the plan by using the handles.
- Select Add Team to add or copy another team to this Service Type.
- Use the dropdown to choose the columns that you want to view.
You can set up criteria that the Auto-Scheduler uses to determine who to schedule. The available preferences are:
- Last Used Anywhere shows the last time the person was scheduled for any plans in the account.
- Last Used in this Folder shows the last time the person was scheduled to any plan in the folder.
- Last Used in the Service Type shows the last time the person was scheduled to any plan in this Service Type.
- Last Used in this Team shows the last time the person was scheduled on this team.
- Last Used in this Position shows the last time the person was scheduled to this particular position.
View Individual Team Settings
When you select or add a team, you'll be taken to the Team Page, which holds Team Settings and Members. The Team Settings defaults are set to be used for any team, but you can manage them according to your preferences for your team.
Expand the corresponding number to learn more about the feature.
Some Teams require background checks, serve more than one service, or can be easily sorted with tags.
Check out the different team types from this video playlist or follow the links below to set them up.
- Secure Teams allow anyone to be on a team, but only those who have passed a background check can be scheduled to a plan.
- Split Teams allow you to have one team with people who can serve at different times.
- Tag Teams are a type of team whose members aren't manually assigned. They're useful when you have multiple teams or positions with the exact same members.
Each member has a response to being scheduled, and that response is received by someone.
- When you schedule new people in this team, they have a certain status by default. If the team members will be there and don't need to confirm, set the default status to Confirmed; if you want them to be able to confirm or decline themselves, set the status to Unconfirmed.
- When you finish with a plan, you send out a scheduling email notifying all who are scheduled. If you want people to know they're scheduled for a plan without receiving an email, uncheck the box.
- Once you set Team Leaders for your team, they can be set as the Replies To person, the one who receive emails about people's status. You can also set this person to be the Current Scheduler, the person who placed them on the schedule from a Template or a Plan, or All Team Leaders listed in the Team Leaders tab, depending on who you'd like to receive replies.
- Team Leaders have their own defaults about what emails they receive. If different people schedule different weeks, and you want the replies to go to the person who actually scheduled those people, choose Current Scheduler, and then choose which notification emails they should receive.
Each team has some options for what is shown according to that team.
- Choose which view you'd like to see when scheduling or Auto-scheduling:
- Same as Service Type uses the setting from your Service Type
- Last Used Anywhere shows the last time the person was scheduled for any plans in the account
- Last Used in [Folder Name] shows the last time the person was scheduled to any plan in the folder
- Last Used in the Service Type shows the last time the person was scheduled to any plan in this Service Type
- Last Used in this Team shows the last time the person was scheduled on this team
- Last Used in this Position shows the last time the person was scheduled to this particular position
- Although each user has a permission, each Team can set limits to Scheduled Viewers within a team, allowing them to see the Full Plan, Song List, or Schedule Only. When set to Schedule Only, they can only get to the dashboard and cannot view the plan.
- If you want this team to be included in your stage layouts, choose to show the Name, Small Name, or Initials to be shown on the layout, and then choose the color of the team.
- If you want people to sign up for positions but don't want to have to enable signup sheets manually for every plan, check the box to enable it by default.
If you enable signups but don't already have a default "Replies To" person for this team, you will be set. This ensures that if people sign up and then later need to decline, someone is notified about it.