Volunteers serve together on teams, so it's best to schedule teams all at once. First you'll need to create a team, then you can schedule team members and send them notifications about their upcoming schedule.
This article covers the most common way to schedule teams. Check out other scheduling methods if you want to schedule multiple teams a time, set up automatic scheduling, schedule large groups, or enable signups.
This video playlist will walk you through the entire process, from creating teams, to setting up scheduling templates, to scheduling people.
1. Create a Team
From the Plans page, click the gear menu for a Service Type and select Teams.
Create a team, and add positions to the team.
You will not see your team on existing plans until you import your people template or assign people directly to the plan.
2. Add People to a Template
Templates allow you to set up different scheduling options. You might have one, or you might have multiple templates based on team rotations.
To add new templates to the Service Type, click the Service Type name above your team name.
To add people to the template:
- Select the Templates tab, and click add a template.
- In the template, hover over the add people button to add people directly to the template. You can also add needed positions so that you can fill the positions each week, or use a combination of both.
3. Schedule People
Now it's time to schedule people to individual plans. Go to an existing plan or create a new one.
For new plans, hover over add people, and click Import Template to import the template you created. Once it's imported, fill needed positions.
For existing plans, or if you aren't ready to schedule people but know how many you will eventually need, add needed positions to the plan.
4. Send Notifications
Once you've scheduled people, it's time to email them to notify them that they have been scheduled.
Next to the team name in the plan, click the envelope icon and select Email.
People who have an envelope icon next to their name cannot see the plan in their schedule until you send the scheduling email.
Other Scheduling Methods
Here are some other available scheduling methods:
- Matrix - The Matrix shows you many plans side by side. You can use the Matrix to schedule weeks or months at a time.
- Auto-schedule - If you have set up your needed positions, you can have Services automatically complete your schedule, avoiding any conflicts or blockout dates.
- Large Groups - Learn how to schedule an entire group that is not part of a team. You can schedule the whole group to one position, or you can schedule each person to different Positions.
- Signup Sheets - Enable Signup Sheets for teams within your plans to allow people to sign up for any of their needed positions.