This article is an overview of how to create teams, assign team members, and schedule team members to plans.
Check out the video below to watch us set up teams and positions, and then see the overview of the process below for more details.
1. Create or Copy a Team
- First, create a new team, and add any positions that you need for the team. You can also copy team settings from an existing team to create a new team.
- Next, you can edit team settings.
- If you have one team that you want to have available to serve at different times, create a split team so that you can assign members to different times.
2. Assign Team Members to Positions
You will not see your team on existing plans until you schedule people.
3. Set Up Scheduling Templates
4. Schedule People
Once you've assigned people to your teams and set up templates, it's time to schedule people to individual plans.
- If you have existing plans, or you aren't ready to schedule people but know how many you will eventually need, add needed positions to the plan. Consider adding these to a template to reuse them.
- If you are using templates, import the scheduling template to a plan and fill needed positions.
- You can also schedule individual team members and guests to a plan.
Additional scheduling methods include:
If you run into conflicts when trying to schedule people who have blockouts or other scheduling issues, see the article on Scheduling Conflicts and Blockouts for tips on how to deal with these.
5. Send Notifications
Once you've scheduled people, it's time to email them from a single plan or the Matrix to notify them that they have been scheduled.
People who have an envelope icon next to their name cannot see the plan in their schedule until you send the scheduling email.
Congratulations, you've successfully created and scheduled your first team!